11 January 2006

Deal or No Deal

How absolutely fantastic is Deal or No Deal? Who would've predicted Noel Edmonds would ever be back hosting such quality TV?


I adore how they all take it so seriously. News just in, guys: it's a game of chance. My favourites are the contestants who study every game that's been played so far and then go in with a carefully constructed 'strategy' that they're sure is going to take them straight to the big one - the £250,000. They must spend hours working it out. There was one guy who took in a whole notebook full of complicated diagrams and coloured boxes and probabilities. He still ended up winning an average amount. Noel really works at increasing the tension with all the pacing and dramatic pauses, and the heartbeat music is just genius. My favourite bit is when he's on the phone to the banker. It's hysterical but so cheesy. I love how the contestants are all the best of friends and they say things like 'I love you, Carol, so I hope it's small' when they've probably known each other for about a week at most.

Despite it's complete crapness, I am addicted and watch it every day.


Play it online
here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home