18 January 2006

London's Calling

When I move to London, no one will know me and I won't know anyone. I'll be starting over. Anonymous, a stranger. There will be no one who has expectations of me, no one who thinks they know me already. It'll be a new chance. I can be who I want to be. I think it will be liberating, to be free of expectations. It will be good, and I will be better. And different. I'll definitely be different. I hope I'm less afraid of being alone. Or less bothered by being alone, at least. I imagine in London that it'll be OK to go to the cinema on my own. I've never done that before. I can't wait. I'll be less defined by who my friends are. Because I won't have any friends. Ha ha. To start off with, anyway. It'll be a completely new beginning. I am unbelievably excited, but also terrified.

I can be anyone in London. Anyone I choose.

1 Comments:

Blogger Iwanski said...

You are right. The anonymity of the city is something I treasure.

Even if you've got scores of friends, you rarely encounter anyone you know unless you choose to. You can be at home, be yourself, wherever you go because there's no one to impress.

Honestly, I love it.

11:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home