16 January 2006

Chocolate. Music. Shopping.

I had a silly new year resolution plan thingy to eat healthily. Last week I even briefly considered detoxing after Grazia almost convinced my of the benefits. But for now, I've decided my stress levels are high enough and so there is no need to add to it by attempting to give up chocolate. Chocolate, music, and online shopping are literally the only things that get me through uni and I'd probably have dropped out half way through first year if I didn't have them to guide me and cheer me up in my darkest moments. Or started smoking.

The library's doing my head in? I better take a walk down to the cafe and pick up a Flake Dipped and some Walkers smoky bacon and I'll feel all refreshed and chilled out.

I can't think of anything more to write? I'll pre-order the Arctic Monkeys album on Play and it'll all be OK again.

Aaargh the stress is driving me crazy! I'll put my head on the desk, close my eyes, and turn Regina Spektor on my iPod for instant calm.

I'm proud of myself for writing 500 more words? I'll find a new pair of boots on eBay to congratulate myself.

It's lunchtime but I don't have time to stop working? A Creme Egg is all I need.

I'm on the train home after an 8 hour study day squashed between an obese woman and a smelly old man with a baby crying at the other side of the carriage? Earphones in, Be Your Own Pet turned up full volume. Bliss.

Maybe it's not too healthy for my overdraft or my waistline but at least I'll have a degree, right? The acknowledgement section of my dissertation (assuming it ever gets finished) will definitely include a line of thanks to chocolate, shopping and music. That's what's getting me through this a lot more than anything else is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home