30 January 2006

I detest the library

I was a bit hungover this morning and I slept in and didn't have time to brush my hair before I left the house so I look like shit. I felt sick and it didn't help that I'd drank my hangover cure can of Irn Bru before I went to bed instead of leaving it for the morning. Then, it was minus 5 outside. Minus fucking 5. So anyway, it wasn't the best of starts to the day.

Had a nice breakfast with R, reading the Metro and sitting in the window people watching. A roll and sausage and potato scone with brown sauce, and finally a can of Irn Bru. It cured the hangover anyway. That was the only good bit of the day. Since then (and that was 8 hours ago) I've been in the library not doing my dissertation. I have such a mental block and that's not good with 12345...11 days until hand in day. I have no motivation. What's my motivation here? People ask what I'm going to do with my degree and I'm like 'Um...go travelling?'.

There was a girl sitting next to me for a few hours doing her dissertation. Her friends were over and they were all doing the 'oooh my god how many words is your analysis?' crap, and one of them was a bit behind and they were all saying 'You'll be fine!' 'You'll get it done!' 'Don't worry about it!'. Then as soon as the girl walked away they were all 'She is so fucked' and 'She doesn't even care' and 'She's never handing this in on time'. One of them said 'I'd like to be like her, not stressed and just relaxed about it' and the other one replied instantly, 'No. You wouldn't'. Then they were saying 'You'd need to be, like, really shit to get a 2:2 for your dissertation. Really shit'. 'Yeah it's like impossible. Surely'. 'Who even gets below a 2:1 for their dissertation? No one'. 'Oh my god, wouldn't you just die if you got a 2:2 for your degree? What a waste of time'. Fuck them.

The library woman was all moody with me because I took a book to be renewed and it was about 10 seconds overdue. What does it even matter to her? I was trying to use the computer next to the books to look up a shelf code but this fucking ignorant little girl was hogging it to look up her entire year's texts, so I had to go and use another computer. I didn't have any paper so I wrote the code on my hand and then a few hours later I forgot it was still written there and ended up with it printed on my face. I've been leaning on my hand all day. I had to have a Cadbury's Bubbly for lunch, and a packet of Walkers chicken and thyme Sensations. This day is horrendous.

There is a girl with the biggest scarf I have ever seen across from me. It is suffocating her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home