24 January 2006

The Crap-ness

This whole dissertation thing is killing me. Actually, this whole honours year thing is killing me. As a direct consequence of my decision to stay on at uni for another year, my life has ended up crap. Here are the main effects:

1. I am dependent on Nytol. Last night I had a few glasses of wine with R and went to bed early-ish after eating chips and cheese for supper listening to the Arctic Monkeys album (love it, by the way). These probably weren't ideal sleeping conditions, but alcohol usually has me dreaming as soon as my head hits the pillow. I wanted to take a Nytol, just to make sure (and that's what's happens - I don't know if I'll need a sleeping tablet so I take one 'just to make sure'), but I was scared I'd die (because of the wine) so I didn't. Instead, I lay in bed thinking 'I should've taken a Nytol. I wish I could take a Nytol. I'm never getting to sleep. I can't sleep. I need a Nytol'. For comparison: before this year I had never taken a sleeping tablet in my life.

2. I am watching too much TV. I constantly feel like I need to be writing my dissertation. Constantly. That means I feel like I can't go out, therefore I'm always at home. That combined with the genius of Neighbours lately, and the brilliance of Celebrity Big Brother means that I am officially a TV addict. Every single day I watch Neighbours, Murder She Wrote, Deal or No Deal, Richard and Judy, Hollyoaks, Eastenders, Coronation Street, and Celebrity Big Brother. That is just the bare minimum. There's also Desperate Housewives, My Name is Earl, The Simpsons, and lots of others that I watch when they're on and when I can. I also watch too many DVDs. I fit in as much TV every day as possible. I get upset if I'm out and miss something. I am not always like this.

3. I have no social life. This is the one that's killing me the most. I'm in a constant state of crap-ness, stress and tiredness. I had lunch today with some friends and my dissertation was in my head the whole time. My dissertation and how shit it is and how badly I'm going to do and how I can't do it. I am terrible company.

4. Babyshambles are playing on Friday and I DO NOT HAVE A TICKET. The tickets were on sale and I saw them on Ticketmaster and I thought 'Dissertation, dissertation, dissertation...' and did not buy one. This is not like me. Not at all. When did I re-prioritise my life and put uni before going to see Babyshambles play on their last tour before Pete gets sent to jail? It was a moment of sheer insanity which I will regret for the rest of my life. I wish I could turn back time and buy a ticket. I feel like crying. Especially when I see those eBay ticket touting fuckers who buy tickets just to sell at 3 times the price and piss me off. They were going for around £50 last night. Thieving bastards. I don't know how they can sleep at night.

There are others like 5. I am putting on weight and 6. I have spent all my student loan on CDs and second hand boots but really, I don't have time to write about those. I came to the library for a reason and that was to write my dissertation. So that is what I am going to do.

1 Comments:

Blogger Limanim said...

in my course 90% of the class started their dissertation one month before hand in date.

most managed it; through allnighters in the library, lots of coffee and complaining to anyone who would listen

Good luck, its not impossible just a pain in the arse

11:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home