25 February 2006

Last Night

My voice is hoarse, my arms are covered in small cigarette burn blisters, my feet are bruised, my top is still soaked with sweat, and my boots are ruined. Generally those are signs of a good night, and I think I did have a good night. Not an amazing night, but good enough.

Babyshambles at la Barrowlands... by 10:45pm I was expecting a 'Pete's not here'-type announcement closely followed by uncontrollable riots, but thankfully they didn't (completely) disappoint and the booing and 'Get out here you fucking junkie bastard' cries stopped when they appeared on stage in a last minute 'must live up to our rockstar reputation' rush. I thought they played a good set, which lasted over an hour, although it was let down by Pete looking like he'd rather be asleep somewhere than on stage. I guess he can't be expected to be all happy happy joy joy at the moment, but I was disappointed that he looked so sad slash drunk slash ???, and he didn't talk to the crowd at all (except to mumble an apology and make one attempt to stop his fans being crushed to death against the barrier). They played Time for Heroes though, which made my night, day, week, and month. The crowd were, for the most part, a bunch of inconsiderate Sun-reading Fuck-Forever-singing drugs-related-insult-shouting wankers. But apart from that, I had fun.

I went home stinking of beer with sweat induced frizziness of the hair and I've been hungover all day. Yeah, it was definitely a good night, then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home