09 March 2006

I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman

Excuse the Britney quote in the title. As much as I adore Britney, that wasn't one of her best songs (clearly that was "You're toxic I'm slippin' under... *shout it out* With the taste of the poison paradise, I'm addicted to you, DON'T YOU KNOW THAT YOU'RE TOXIC!?") but I think it's fitting.

People at the pool keep referring to me as 'that woman' or 'the lady'. For example parents say to their kids, 'Stop splashing the lady' (yes, please stop splashing the lady. Before she fucking drowns you.). It's getting a bit worrying. At least one person has said it every single time I've been swimming (and I've actually been sticking to the Swim Plan, and more importantly it seems to be working). Every single time. And nobody has referred to me as 'that girl'. Not one person. One woman did call me 'that lassie', which leans more towards the girl side but is a bit ambigious.

It's worrying me slightly. I'm only twenty twooooo. I'm just a girl (a No Doubt quote - maybe that should've been my title). I think. When did I start looking like a woman? Maybe I'll start needing Botox soon. Anti-ageing creams. Maybe I am an adult. Maybe when I graduate and get a real job I won't look so out of place. I won't look like a student pretending to be a marketing graduate. I don't want to grow up and I especially don't want to look like I've grown up.

These thoughts scare me, but would scare me slightly more if I hadn't got asked for ID buying a bottle of vodka last week.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ross McL said...

How come nobody else posts on here?

Your blog is actually quite cool, compared to most of the other drivel I have visited since finding out about blogging.

2:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home