21 March 2006

When I go on this trip I'll be a size 10

An itinerary I just made up:

Glasgow - Chicago (American Airlines)
day trip to Memphis, Tennessee (I know it's a million miles away, so in reality it'll be a day-and-two-night trip)
Chicago - Toronto
Toronto - Niagara Falls
Niagara Falls - Buffalo
Buffalo - Cleveland
Cleveland - Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh - Lancaster
Lancaster - Philadelphia
Philadelphia - Washington DC
Washington DC - Baltimore, Maryland
Baltimore - New York
New York - Hartford, Connecticut
Hartford - Rhode Island
Rhode Island - Boston
Boston - Glasgow (annoyingly via Chicago)

Two countries, nine US states, eight that I've never been to before.

Some places seem slightly random but I'm a bit like that when I travel. I read one obscure fact about a place and I go there, hence the trip to Connecticut just because Mark Twain's house is there (and also a little bit because it's where The Babysitters Club books were set and, you know, I have every single book from that series ever published stored in the loft...well, every single one published until I was 12 anyway...), Memphis obviously to see Graceland, Pittsburgh because my penpal when I was 12 lived there and I'm sure I have a good reason for the Baltimore stop but I've forgotten what it is. Some of the places are just stopovers to break up the journey and places I have to go through to get somewhere else (See, Buffalo). The majority of the trip will be on the Greyhound buses with one little Amtrak journey slotted in. Flights are reserved for me, all I need to do is take a deep breath and confirm them with a £75 deposit. Je suis scared. But mainly excited. I've never went anywhere on my own before except a night in London and I was too scared to go anywhere. That was before I changed, though. I can do it now. God, I love to make plans.

Especially when I should've been writing an essay.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ross McL said...

Why did you just make this up?

Are you planning a trip?

(http://rosscomclan.blogspot.com/)

2:09 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where are you? And what are you doing?!?! We need more blog entries lol :)

12:52 am  
Blogger Pixie said...

I think this comment box has broken my all time record for the most comments in one box :)

Anonymous 1 - yeah, I'm planning a trip. Well, I've planned a trip, and now I'm planning the details. The itinerary is a first draft plan put together without much proper thought.

Anonymous 2 - it's nice to know that at least one person gives a shit when I don't update, LOL :). Funny how I was actually in the middle of writing an entry when you commented.

12:38 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home